What options do charities have?
Cause marketing programs can take many forms, including sponsorships, licensing, coupon and product tie-ins, affinity programs, seals of approval, commercial co-venture sales, cooperative marketing efforts, and direct solicitation of donations. All forms share two basic elements: money flowing to a charity, plus use of the charity's name in connection with a commercial company's goods or services. Seemingly small changes in form can have large effects on the charity. In this white paper, the authors look at some of the options a charity might consider and the consequences of choosing those options.
Greenberg Traurig, LLP
- Shareholder with Greenberg Traurig, LLP
- Practices in the areas of intellectual property (particularly development, selection, protection and licensing of trademarks worldwide) and advertising, sales promotion, and trade-regulation law, including charitable promotions, cause-related marketing, sweepstakes, contests, gift cards, eCommerce, substantiation of advertising claims, social gaming, social media, and all aspects of unfair or deceptive trade practices in a wide variety of industries
- Co-chair, Brand Activation Association National Marketing Law Conference, 2013
- Cause Marketing Forum Legal Instructor for many years
- Former chair, Connecticut Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Section
- Listed, Managing IP magazine, World IP Handbook and Survey, "IP Stars," 2013-2014
- Listed, VEGAS INC, "Top Lawyers," Business and Intellectual Property, 2012 and 2013
- Achieved the highest rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- J.D. degree, cum laude, Harvard Law School; B.A. degree, summa cum laude, Yale University
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.