Understand how to properly value and divide a business in divorce.
Many attorneys hire and rely upon a forensic accountant/valuation expert to issue a report and give testimony in the divorce litigation process or utilize mediation in the collaborative process. However, these attorneys often do not fully understand the business valuation process, the application of methods used in the calculation of their client’s interest in the subject business, or how to find hidden money. This white paper offers attorneys and accountants a guide for reviewing business valuation reports. In addition, this white paper may serve as an outline for attorneys to prepare and question a business valuator in the context of a deposition or during trial.
Jeffrey W. Brend
Levin & Brend, P.C.
- Partner in the office of Levin & Brend, P.C.
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of Business Valuation, Forensic Accounting, Mediation
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on numerous Business Valuation, Forensic Accounting, and Tax topics
- Author of several publications related to the areas of Business Valuation and Forensic Account-ing
- Education J.D. Degree, John Marshall Law School
- Membership information: JD, CPA/ABV, ASA, CFE, CFF, AAML, CDFA is a Principal of the nationally recognized family law, mediation, forensic accounting and business valuation practice Levin & Brend; P.C. in Chicago, Illinois; Past President of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML), Illinois Chapter and co-chair of the AAML’s National Mediation Committee
- Featured in Fortune Magazine, Newsweek and on the Sky Radio Network as one of America’s Premier Lawyers; Only person in the country who is a fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers; Senior Appraiser with the American Society of Appraisers; Accredited Business Valuator with AICPA and a Certified Fraud Examiner; Named a LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell AV-rated attorney and a 2007 – 2020 Illinois Super Lawyer as well as a Top-10 collaborative attorney in Illinois
- He has spoken nationally to the Association of Fraud Examiners, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, AAML and the American Society of Appraisers
- Certified Public Accountant who is qualified as a financial expert to value businesses, determine net income and complete financial investigations
- He has written numerous articles about business valuation, forensic accounting and child custody issues along with the textbook Accounting for Divorce
- Fellow of the Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois and a member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals and is exceptionally qualified to encourage the collaborative process from a multidisciplinary perspective
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 312-726-4440
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.