Recent report from the offices of Health and Human Services makes it clear that email phishing attacks are ranked as one of the main threats that health care organizations are faced with. This type of attach occurs when a person is contacted via email and are tricked into providing private, personal information. This white paper reviews how email phishing works and discusses different technological solutions that can help.
Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Associate and member of BakerHostetler’s Privacy and Data Protection team
- Well versed in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), as well as the various state health care and data protection laws, works closely with her clients to develop HIPAA compliant privacy and security policies and procedures, including security risk assessments
- Background includes advising clients on fraud and abuse issues, structuring complex transactions, and drafting and negotiating contracts for a variety of different health care providers and entities
- J.D. degree, Seton Hall University School of Law, 2013, Moot Court Board; B.A. degree, Fordham University, 2010
- Can be contacted at 713-646-1353 or [email protected]
Aleksandra Vold is counsel in the Chicago office of Baker Hostetler. In an increasingly connected world, Aleksandra Vold’s emphasis on cybersecurity offers clients a critical safeguard. Her practice is devoted to privacy breach response and preparedness, payment card industry standards and investigations, and advising on how to identify, evaluate and manage first- and third-party data privacy and security risks. When a breach occurs, Aleksandra promptly coordinates a skilled team – including forensic and public relations professionals, and notification vendors – to quickly help reduce public and regulatory scrutiny and protect her clients’ reputations. She has handled numerous breaches for entities of all sizes, including merchants, financial institutions, medical providers and educational institutions.
Aleksandra’s strengths in cybersecurity are bolstered by her representation of startups and closely held technology companies in a variety of commercial disputes, including intellectual property, trade secrets, federal labor law and contract matters. Additionally, she brings a strategic advantage to the defense of class action litigation, having worked as a plaintiffs’ attorney who focused largely on consumer data privacy class actions. Aleksandra frequently advises clients on compliance with state, federal and international laws and regulations.
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.