Learn about the basics of construction insurance issues.
There are a myriad of insurance products on the market. However, despite certain insurers’ attempts to create new products, the payment and performance bonds traditionally used in the construction industry have not been supplanted or replaced and remain in common use. This white paper reviews other insurance issues including builder’s risk, workers’ compensation, design liability, and excess coverage.
Michael Jay Rune, II
Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Shareholder with Carlton Fields, P.A.
- More than 20 years of experience representing owner/developers, construction managers/contractors, sureties, subcontractors, and suppliers in nearly all aspects of the construction industry and in large-scale commercial construction projects
- Has handled construction, surety, fidelity, and related insurance matters as well as mortgage fraud recovery through mediation, arbitration, and litigation in state and federal courts
- Known for his hard-hat approach to construction, spending time at construction sites and working with project managers and construction workers to gain firsthand knowledge of the construction industry and what goes on in the field
- Has a keen understanding of construction law and the construction process, including the planning, execution, and completion of a construction project, as well as the technical nature of construction-related claims
- Published author and frequently speaks on issues important to the construction and fidelity industries
- Recognized by Lorman Education Services for his above-benchmark customer course ratings and received the 2017 Platinum Distinguished Faculty Badge
- Author of the International Association of Defense Counsel’s ‘Annual Survey of Fidelity and Surety Law’ from 1997–2004, and co-author of ‘Liability and Performance Bond Surety’ in The Law of Performance Bonds (ABA 1999)
- Board certified in Construction Law by The Florida Bar
Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Attorney in the Miami office of Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Focuses practice on commercial and construction litigation, where she represents developers, contractors, material suppliers, and design professionals in disputes involving construction defect claims, delay claims, construction lien issues, and contract disputes
- Member of several professional and civic organizations
- Can be contacted at 305-539-7417 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Thank You!Download White Paper
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.