Build a portfolio that has demonstrated an ability to defend itself against inflation.
In recent decades, inflation has been low. But many of us remember the years of high inflation in the 1970s and early 1980s. At some point inflation will return and, if the last four and a half decades are any guide, when it ticks back up, we will likely see a distinct change in the performance of several asset classes.
In this white paper, we focus on the median rate of inflation of 3.29% because it is less affected by the outlier high rates of inflation during the late 1970s. Plus, using the median rate of inflation allows us to divide the last 46 years exactly in half: 23 years with below median inflation and 23 years with above median inflation. This will facilitate the analysis of asset class performance during years of low inflation and during years of higher inflation.
Craig L. Israelsen, Ph.D.
7Twelve (TM) Portfolio
- Developer of the 7Twelve® portfolio
- Executive-in-Residence, Financial Planning Program, Utah Valley University
- Wrote monthly for Financial Planning Magazine for over 20 years
- Author of several books
- Previously on the faculty at University of Missouri (1991-2014) and Brigham Young University (2004-2013)
- Has published dozens of journal articles and hundreds of professional articles
- •Can be contacted at [email protected] or 801-489-4711
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.