You've decided to offer health benefits to your employees - now what?
Insurance specialists across the nation are talking about self-insurance and the fact that an increasing number of employers are looking to self-fund their employee health benefits for the first time. While deciding to self-fund is a great first step, it is important for all people to realize that not all self-funding is the same. The look and feel of self-funding varies depending upon whether the employee benefit plan decides to work with an ASO (Administrative Service Only arrangement) or with a TPA (Third-Party Administrator).
Adam V. Russo, Esq.
The Phia Group, LLC
- Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer of The Phia Group LLC; an experienced provider of health care cost containment techniques offering comprehensive claims recovery, plan document and consulting services designed to control health care costs and protect plan assets
- The Phia Group’s overall mission is to reduce the cost of health benefits through its recovery strategies, innovative technologies, legal expertise, and focused, flexible customer service
- Frequent speaker and author on health care and employee benefits; participating in webinars, conferences, and seminars across the country
- 2019 Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Self-Insurance Institute of America, Inc. (SIIA) and Massachusetts Association of Health Underwriters (MAHU) Board Member
- Admitted to the Massachusetts Bar, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States
- J.D. degree, Suffolk University Law School; master’s degree in finance, Frank Sawyer School of Management at Suffolk University in Boston; undergraduate degree in political science and public relations, Suffolk University
Ron E. Peck, Esq.
The Phia Group, LLC
- Executive Vice President and General Counsel; a member of The Phia Group, LLC since 2006
- As an ERISA attorney with The Phia Group, an innovative force in the drafting of improved benefit plan provisions, handled complex subrogation and third-party recovery disputes, medical provider direct contracting and spearheaded efforts to combat the steadily increasing costs of health care
- Considered to be one of the nation’s premier self-funded health plan consultants and health benefits attorneys; lecturing at and participating in many industry gatherings including but not limited to the National Association Of Subrogation Professionals (NASP), Society of Professional Benefit Administrators (SPBA), the Health Care Administrator’s Association (HCAA), and SIIA
- Currently serves as The Phia Group’s Executive Vice President and General Counsel, and is also a dedicated member of SIIA’s Government Relations Committee
- J.D. degree, Rutgers University School of Law; B.S. degree in policy analysis and management, Cornell University
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.