Don't forget about the federal paid sick leave law.
As paid sick leave laws continue to pass across the nation employers have focused on complying with the various state and local jurisdictions’ paid sick leave requirements. However, employers may forget, or might have to totally missed, that there is a federal paid sick leave law. This law requires that covered federal contractors provide paid sick and safe leave for qualified reasons to eligible employees. This white paper explains what employers are covered, how much paid leave is required and for what reasons employees can take leave.
Megan G. Holstein, Esq.
Jackson Lewis P.C.
Megan G. Holstein, Esq., graduated with honors with a B.A. degree in sociology from the University of Illinois at Chicago, where she was awarded Phi Beta Kappa. Ms. Holstein received her J.D. degree from the University of Colorado School of Law, where she served as production editor of the Colorado Journal of International Environmental Law and Policy. Ms. Holstein is a member of the American, Boulder County, Colorado, and Colorado Women’s Bar Associations. Ms. Holstein’s practice emphasizes employment law, representing both employees and employers in litigation. Additionally, Ms. Holstein practices small business and entertainment law. Her recent projects include: employment litigation; drafting employment and independent contractor agreements; counseling employees and small businesses in employment law; drafting and reviewing documents for corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and music industry clients; and representation before state administrative agencies.
Laura A. Mitchell
Jackson Lewis P.C.
- Principal in the Denver office of Jackson Lewis P.C.
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of affirmative action compliance and OFCCP defense, government contractors, and pay equity
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops, and has written several publications on numerous topics, including affirmative action, the OFCCP, state and federal pay equity laws, and government contractor matters
- Written articles and has been quoted in Bloomberg BNA, Today’s General Counsel, Society for Human Resource Management, and is the editor of Jackson Lewis’ Affirmative Action and OFCCP Law Advisor blog
- Strategic advisor for the Institute for Workplace Equality
- J.D. degree, University of Denver Sturm College of Law; B.A. degree, summa cum laude, University of Colorado
- Can be contacted at 303-225-2382 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.