Ethical responsibilities must take the highest priority when practicing law.
Prior to writing any winning arguments in motions or briefs, conducting depositions, or delivering any blistering cross-examinations, attorneys must make sure their actions comport with all relevant ethical obligations to both their clients and the profession generally. While there are few, if any, ethical rules that are truly unique to the practice of law in ridesharing cases, there are also no exceptions that are unique to ridesharing cases. The same rules apply to ridesharing cases that apply in any other context. This white paper will address some of the ethical rules that are of primary importance, including the duty of competence, preserving confidentiality, and protecting against conflicts of interest to ensure the duty of loyalty can always be met. Additionally, this paper will briefly explore some of the other ethical restrictions that lawyers face, which concern the use of ridesharing services.
Zachary B. Pyers
Reminger Co. LPA
- Partner in the Columbus, Ohio, office of Reminger Co. LPA, and is licensed to practice in Ohio, West Virginia, and the District of Columbia
- Practice focuses on civil litigation, including complex litigation, corporate and commercial litigation, professional liability, and general liability
- Adjunct professor at Capital University Law School, where he teaches courses in depositions, e-discovery, expert witnesses and the school's Mock Trial Competition team
- Recognized as a Super Lawyers Rising Star and achieved the highest rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Associate Fellow to the Litigation Counsel of America, and a Fellow to the American Bar Foundation
- LL.M. degree in business, Capital University Law School; J.D. degree, cum laude, Capital University Law School; B.B.A. degree, Ohio University
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.