Accurately describing a parcel of land is crucial to the public land records systems.
The purpose of this material is to explain what kind of process is necessary to perform a land survey. A fundamental knowledge of land surveying should include land record systems, survey preparation, and survey plat information, evaluation and limitations. Examples of surveys will be reviewed and discussed to reinforce these concepts.
John M. Story, P.L.S.
Donaldson, Garrett & Associates, Inc.
- Senior vice president and Charlotte branch manager of Donaldson, Garrett & Associates, Inc.
- Professional land surveyor registered in North and South Carolina, Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, and Virginia
- More than 43 years of experience with a varied and extensive background in boundary, topographic, construction, and as-built surveys in the commercial, governmental, and residential market
- Worked extensively with utility companies in coordinating right-of-way and design surveys, as well as industrial clients who require optical tooling
- Member of the North Carolina Society of Surveyors
- B.S. degree, Georgia Southwestern College (now Georgia Southwestern State University); B.C.E.T. degree, Southern Technical Institute (now Kennesaw State University)
- Can be contacted at 704-374-1955 or [email protected]
Frank E. Arado
Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Partner in the Charlotte office of Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP, and head of the Real Estate Finance Group
- Concentrated in commercial real estate, with an emphasis on acquisitions and dispositions of real estate and interests in real estate; debt and equity financing; workouts and restructurings; and joint venture formation
- Represented institutional investors, commercial banks, investment banks, insurance companies, pension funds, their investment advisors, REITs and opportunity funds
- Charlotte Business Journal’s “40 Under 40” business leaders in the community
- M.B.A. and J.D. degrees, University of Illinois College of Law; B.A. degree, University of Chicago
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Thank You!Download White Paper
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.