Learn the difference between these types of contracts.
A contract does not have to be in writing, except in certain circumstances - real estate sales, contracts lasting more than 1 year (can vary by jurisdiction, or sales contracts over a certain amount (can vary by jurisdiction). This video reviews the importance of having a written contract to prevent misunderstandings and reduce litigation. It also discusses when a “handshake” is enough.
Sean R. Smith
Continuum Legal Group LLP
- Attorney with Taylor English Duma LLP in Atlanta
- Represents companies and individuals in a multitude of different areas of litigation and alternative dispute resolution
- Tried multiple actions in state and federal courts in Georgia and surrounding states, including a representation of Time Inc., which was noted as one of the 15 significant defense verdicts in the country in 1996
- Represented numerous clients in appeals in both state and federal court
- Advises clients on an ongoing basis regarding various methods of avoiding litigation and making litigation more effective and efficient when it is necessary
- Briefed and argued appeals in numerous appellate courts, including the 11th Circuit, 6th Circuit, the Supreme Courts of Georgia and Montana, and the Court of Appeals of Georgia
- J.D. degree, University of Chicago; A.B. degree, on the law review and was a Hinton Moot Court Finalist, Harvard College
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.