Ensure that deductions for child and spousal support withholding are handled correctly.
Garnishments in general can be complex for most companies and employers are bound to comply with any withholding order issues by the court of government agency. Employers are to withhold and remit amount demanded up to maximum allowed by law. Employers by law cannot discharge, discriminate or discipline an employee for having a child support order. This video reviews employer responsibilities and discusses the employee protections that employers must abide by.
Dayna J. Reum, CPP, FPC
Dayna J. Reum
- Currently the director of payroll operations at a major medical center in Chicago
- Has been heavily involved in the payroll field for more than 17 years
- Starting as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, she moved on to be a payroll team leader at Honeywell Inc.
- During her time at Honeywell Inc., she obtained her FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) through the American Payroll Association
- Received several merit awards for customer service and acquisitions and divestiture
- Taught at the Metro Phoenix American Payroll Association meetings and the Arizona State Payroll Conference
- CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) through the APA
- Serves on the National American Payroll Association on the National Strategic Leadership Task Force, Government Affairs Task Force (PA local tax subcommittee)
- Received a citation of merit for her service along with being a gold pin member of the APA
- Certified in HR hiring and firing practices and is a Six-Sigma Greenbelt
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.