Having a certificate of insurance isn't enough.
It is the additional insured endorsement to the insurance policy and the insurance policy itself that confers coverage rights not the certificate of insurance. The additional insured should insist precisely on the type of coverage they need and seek a copy of the insurance policy itself. Certificate holders should be proactive and seek a copy of the insurance policy before the loss occurs as well. This video reviews why a certificate of insurance isn’t enough and why having a copy of the insurance policy can save time and headache when faced with a loss.
Robert M. Horkovich, Esq.
Anderson Kill P.C.
- Managing shareholder of Anderson Kill P.C., a national policyholder law firm
- Recovered more than $5 billion from insurance companies for policyholders since 1989
- Trial counsel for the State of California for insurance recovery for the Stringfellow Acid Pits
- Engaged on several significant projects by the United Nations as its general insurance counsel
- The go-to person in the area of insurance recovery, according to a client cited by Chambers USA, which has recognized him as a leading insurance recovery attorney every year since 2005
- Achieved the highest rating with Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- Can be contacted at 212-278-1322 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.