The Fair Labor Standards Act requirements are complex. Don’t expose yourself to claims over a misunderstanding.
In general, the Fair Labor Standards Act applies to full and part-time workers in the private sector, and in federal, state and local governments. The FLSA applies to either employees engaged in interstate commerce; or to individuals who are employed by an enterprise engaged in commerce or in the production of goods for commerce, unless there is an exemption for coverage. This video reviews and compares enterprise coverage and individual coverage.
Calvin R. House
Gutierrez, Preciado & House, LLP
- Partner in the Pasadena, California law firm of Gutierrez, Preciado & House, LLP, where he defends and counsels employers on employment law matters
- Previously practiced at Cravath, Swaine & Moore in New York and in the Los Angeles office of what is now Norton Rose Fulbright
- Tried scores of employment cases to federal and state juries and judges and administrative tribunals
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on such employment law topics as wage and hour requirements, mandatory leave statutes, reasonable accommodation of disabilities, discrimination, harassment, and wrongful termination
- Member of the prestigious American Board of Trial Advocates and has achieved the highest rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- J.D. degree and B.A. degree, Columbia University
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 626-449-2300
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.