The property appears to be abandoned. But how do you know for sure?
There are two thresholds that need to be reached – whether or not the property unit been abandoned and whether or not the property inside or outside the unit been abandoned. Someone may have abandoned the premises but didn’t intend to abandon the property inside, which is common in a failure to pay situation. This video reviews the legal definition of abandonment, the indicia of abandonment, and lease definitions and ownership identification.
Brandon R. Ceglian
Law Offices of Brandon R. Ceglian, P.C.
- Attorney and owner of Law Offices of Brandon R. Ceglian, P.C. in Littleton, Colorado, with nearly 20 years’ experience
- Practice focuses primarily on residential and commercial evictions, property management issues, including legal compliance and defense in the Denver metro area and throughout the Colorado front range
- Published author on a variety of legal topics and a frequent speaker on landlord/tenant law and property management in Colorado
- Voted Best of the Best attorney by Colorado Community Media in 2014, 2016, and 2018
- Supplier member of the Colorado Apartment Association, the National Association of Residential Property Managers, and the South Metro Denver Realtor’s Association
- Member of the Colorado Landlord Legislative Coalition, providing legal assistance for the landlord legislative lobby in Colorado
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.