Learn what is ok to expect from a nonprofit when you have been asked to serve on their board.
When deciding whether or not to serve on the board of a nonprofit organization there are different factors that play a part in your decision-making process. To ensure that your time and talents are being put to good use, you will have certain expectations of the nonprofit organization. From being transparent, legal, and in ethical compliance, to being prepared to explain their mission and vision; this video reviews several expectations that nonprofit organizations need to have responses for in order to put potential board member’s minds at ease and ensure them that their partnership will be a rewarding experience for all involved.
Linda Lysakowski, ACFRE
Linda Lysakowski, LLC
- Advanced Certified Fundraising Executive (ACFRE) with over 40 years in the development field
- Managed capital campaigns, aided numerous nonprofits in achieving development goals, and trained 50,000+ professionals globally
- Author of three dozen books, including works for the nonprofit sector, fiction, and travel
- Developed and managed 14 online courses for nonprofits
- Recipient of Outstanding Fundraising Executive awards from AFP chapters in Eastern PA, Las Vegas, and Sierra (NV)
- International recognition with the Barbara Marion Award for Outstanding Service to AFP
- Recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Las Vegas Chapter of AFP
- Selected training and speaking engagements at the AFP International Conference, regional AFP chapters, and various national and international association conferences
- Graduate of Alvernia College with majors in banking and finance, theology/philosophy
- AFP Faculty Training Academy graduate and recipient of two AFP research grants
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.