Don’t put yourself at risk of litigation created by your construction operations.
There are two primary categories for handling insurance risk: traditional programs and wrap-up programs. Traditional programs are the annual corporate insurance policy. The responsibility of insurance is mainly with the general contractor and subcontractors. Wrap-up programs have two different types – the owner controlled insurance program and the contractor controlled insurance program. The responsibility of insurance is with a single policy/\buyer. This video covers the pros and cons of each of these categories.
Michael B. Lapicola
Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
- Partner in the law firm of Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
- National construction law practice, representing project owners, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, architects, engineers, lenders and sureties in dozens of states across the United States
- Provides daily consultation to clients regarding procurement, licensing, liens, bonds, insurance, indemnity, delays, defects, changes, payment, termination and other construction project matters
- Listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business — Construction, 2011-16
- Frequent speaker and has written several publications
- J.D. degree, cum laude, Northwestern University School of Law; B.A. degree, magna cum laude, Brigham Young University
- Can be contacted at 303-607-3680 or [email protected]
- Currently a Senior Risk Manager for Gilbane Construction
- More than 30 years of experience in the risk management, insurance, and construction industries
- Is a National Risk Management resource
- Provides a rounded and measured advisory service, which includes contract review, risk transfer method, captive utilization, claims advice, and senior leadership consulting for program construction
- B.A. degree, North Park University
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.