Soil can be a focus area for many specialties from ecologists to farmers to lawyers.
Soil delivers ecosystem services that enable life on Earth. Soil has its own natural behaviors including puddling and ponding; but there is also soil behaviors that are caused by humans such as mud and ruts. Our speaker, soil scientist Randy Davis, discusses these behaviors and the use of soil in agriculture and urban areas.
Randy L. Davis
KD Yellow Rose Ranch
- Senior soil scientist and partner, KD Yellow Rose Ranch
- Expertise includes soil science, watershed stabilization and management, soil management and conservation, ecological restoration, forest management, rangeland management, wildfire area restoration and stabilization, and soil/ecological inventory
- Marquis Who's Who in America, 2005 to present
- Revised the National Soil Management Policy for the USDA Forest Service, 2011
- Publications include Wildland Forest Soil Carbon Management, 2011; co-wrote: Soil Resource Inventory of the Bridger National Forest, Western Unit, Wyoming, 1991; and co-wrote: Soil Resource Inventory of the Hiawatha National Forest, Eastern Unit, Parts of Chippewa and Mackinac Counties, Michigan, 1984
- B.S. degree in soils and plant nutrition, University of California, Berkeley; A.A. degree in botany, Yuba Community College
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.