How can you determine if this is the best delivery method for your project?
When construction projects are more complex, the risk for the owners, contractors, engineers and architect increases. However, the ultimate risk lies in the delivery method, and the execution of the project. The owner contracts with the construction manager (CM) during the design phase and, assuming no design changes or field conflicts, the construction manager assumes all risks of delivering the project on time and on budget (“at-risk”). Owners and CMs use CMAR successfully to deliver a unique or complex project, better control construction cost and risk, deliver a project with a tight budget, fast track schedule to better ensure achieving completion within a date certain, and manage quality through collaborative, open-book, trade contractor selection. This video reviews this type of delivery method and discusses the differences between CM at Risk and other delivery methods.
Stephen Pitaniello, P.E.
Steve Pitaniello, P.E.
- Senior managing director with Ankura’s Global Construction Practice
- More than 30 years’ experience in the construction industry
- Provides clients with capital project advisory and dispute resolution consulting services
- Professional engineer (California and Connecticut)
- Former USAF civil engineer, construction manager and HVAC contractor
- M.S. degree in systems management, Golden Gate University; B.S. degree in mechanical engineering, Clarkson University
- Can be contacted at 203-319-6901 or [email protected]
- Senior director with Ankura’s Global Construction Practice
- 10 years of experience in the construction industry
- Practice areas include project risk management, construction and financial advisory, integrity monitoring, project schedule and delay claims
- Provides construction and financial advisory on laboratory, office and residential CMAR delivery projects
- B.S. degree in civil engineering, University of Connecticut
- Can be contacted at 203-319-6920 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.