What can be learned from past breaches?
A breach may be any acquisition, access, use, or disclosure of PHI in violation of Privacy Rule, except when it is unintentional use, in good faith, or with no further use; it is inadvertent use within job scope; or the information cannot be retained. If there is no exception to the previously listed, then it is a breach but not reportable if it is destroyed, or secured per HHS guidance, otherwise, the breach must be reported unless there is a “low probability of compromise” of the data, based on a risk assessment. This video reviews the details of the risk assessment and discusses breach analysis and what can be learned from past breaches.
Lewis Creek Systems, LLC
- Founder and director of compliance services at Lewis Creek Systems, LLC
- Provides a complete suite of services related to information privacy and security regulatory compliance, including compliance reviews, information flow and risk analyses, technical security reviews, training, and policy development services
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on healthcare information privacy and security, information management and disposal, and information security risk analysis
- Speaker at national conferences for the American Health Information Management Association and the Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange
- Recipient of the 2011 WEDI Award of Merit
- M.S. degree, Massachusetts Institute of Technology; B.S. degree, summa cum laude, University of Vermont
- Can be contacted at www.lewiscreeksystems.com
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.