Keep your company protected by using encryption.
A HIPAA breach is an unauthorized acquisition, access, use, or disclosure of unsecured PHI in a manner not allowed by the Privacy Rule which compromises the security and privacy of an individual’s PHI. There is a safe harbor under HIPAA whereby encrypting PHI to NIST standards and if a breach were to happen it will never rise to a data breach under HIPAA. Most hospital systems have the software and the technology to meet the safe harbor standards. Being able to encrypt the data is protective and highly valuable to the hospital systems. This video reviews what causes a breach, analyzes breaches post?HITECH and discusses breach procedures.
The Benefits Practice
- Associate in the New Orleans office of Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Focuses on employee benefits, including retirement and welfare plans and health care reform
- Has particular expertise in Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliance including defending companies against employer mandate penalties and preparing 1095-C reporting; she also focuses on Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance and data breaches involving health plan information
- Before joining the firm, she was a Simpson Thacher fellow with the Harvard Project on Disability and practiced for two years in New York as a transactional attorney
- Was included in Louisiana Super Lawyers - Rising Stars, 2016
- J.D. degree, Harvard Law School; A.B. degree, cum laude, Harvard College
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.