Learn about the essentials of a contract.
A contract is an agreement between two or more people to do, or not do, a particular thing. The reason why contracts work is because by their nature, contracts are optimistic documents (or oral agreements). Entering into a contract is optimistic because the parties are predicting what they are capable of doing in the future and are willing to stake money or reputation or social capital on their ability to perform in the future. This video reviews what businesspeople need to know about contracts and discusses the essentials of contracts.
Sean R. Smith
Continuum Legal Group LLP
- Attorney with Taylor English Duma LLP in Atlanta
- Represents companies and individuals in a multitude of different areas of litigation and alternative dispute resolution
- Tried multiple actions in state and federal courts in Georgia and surrounding states, including a representation of Time Inc., which was noted as one of the 15 significant defense verdicts in the country in 1996
- Represented numerous clients in appeals in both state and federal court
- Advises clients on an ongoing basis regarding various methods of avoiding litigation and making litigation more effective and efficient when it is necessary
- Briefed and argued appeals in numerous appellate courts, including the 11th Circuit, 6th Circuit, the Supreme Courts of Georgia and Montana, and the Court of Appeals of Georgia
- J.D. degree, University of Chicago; A.B. degree, on the law review and was a Hinton Moot Court Finalist, Harvard College
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.