There is a laundry list of things that can be done.
It is worth a little bit of investment to minimize risk. From making a known choice about providing access to time keeping systems, adopting systems and structuring jobs to minimize risks, and auditing and verifying records, companies can take steps to minimize risks in wage and hour issues.
Patrick M. Madden
K&L Gates LLP
- Partner and former co-chair of the Labor and Employment and Class Action Practice Groups at K&L Gates LLP
- Advises employers on wage and hour payment, and compliance and compensation plan design
- Assists employers responding to agency investigations; and represents employers in wage and hour, discrimination, and other employment lawsuits at the state and federal levels
- Worked on hundreds of state, regional, and national wage and hour class actions, including lawsuits involving wage calculation and payment issues, entitlement to overtime and benefits, off-the-clock claims, challenges to exempt status, and claims to employee status
- Listed as a top labor and employment attorney in The Best Lawyers in America and Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, a super lawyer in Washington Law & Politics, a Washington State litigation star by Benchmark Litigation, and a leading employment lawyer in Seattle Business and Seattle Metropolitan magazines
- Frequently speaks, writes, and testifies on wage and hour and wage payment issues
- J.D. degree, with highest honors, University of Washington School of Law, where he was managing editor of the Washington Law Review; B.F.A. degree, Pacific Lutheran University
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.