Fair Labor Standards Act requirements are complex and often misunderstood.
Under certain conditions an employee’s salary and their duties will help to determine whether or not the FLSA requirements apply to particular individuals even if they have already been found to be covered. They may be covered but there are exemptions. This video reviews the different exemptions that create distinctions between different types of employees.
Calvin R. House
Gutierrez, Preciado & House, LLP
- Partner in the Pasadena, California law firm of Gutierrez, Preciado & House, LLP, where he defends and counsels employers on employment law matters
- Previously practiced at Cravath, Swaine & Moore in New York and in the Los Angeles office of what is now Norton Rose Fulbright
- Tried scores of employment cases to federal and state juries and judges and administrative tribunals
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on such employment law topics as wage and hour requirements, mandatory leave statutes, reasonable accommodation of disabilities, discrimination, harassment, and wrongful termination
- Member of the prestigious American Board of Trial Advocates and has achieved the highest rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- J.D. degree and B.A. degree, Columbia University
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 626-449-2300
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.