Learn what to do after you have counseled, coached and documented performance issues and things are not getting better.
The purpose of discipline is to effect a change in an employee's conduct or performance. The disciplinary process sets the standard for other employees, but it should not be used to make an example out of someone. You never want to guarantee or promise progressive discipline either in order to maintain flexibility within the disciplinary process. This video reviews the difference between progress discipline and at-will discipline and discusses internal complaint policies.
Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Shareholder and former managing shareholder of the Los Angeles office of Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of employment and labor law, with an emphasis on providing day-to-day advice and counsel to Human Resources and in-house legal teams
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on numerous effective performance management, employment discrimination, ADA and FMLA compliance, and wage/hour compliance
- Wrote several publications related to the areas of managing employment and labor law
- Member of the University of South Carolina women’s basketball team
- Member of the California, New York and South Carolina Bar Associations, California Super Lawyer, Fellow in the ABA College of Labor & Employment Law, and Fellow in the ABA Foundation
- J.D. degree, University of South Carolina; B.A. degree, University of South Carolina
- Can be contacted at 213-438-1297 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.