What is the Federal and State relationship?
Federal Law regulates minimum wage rates, overtime pay, child labor, and equal pay for employees. State laws regulate areas left unregulated by federal law such as paid time off or how quickly an employee must be paid upon termination. The States overtime laws may also be stricter than the Federal law and provide more pay to the employee. State child labor laws may also be stricter in certain States. This video reviews an example of the difference between state and federal wage and hour issues, W-4s and minimum wages.
Debbie Cash, CPP
- Business analyst-implementation at G&A Partners
- G&A Partners is a Professional Employer Organization (PEO) that offers payroll, human resources, benefits management, risk management, and accounting services for businesses
- Has more than 30 years of experience processing payroll and payroll taxes for various companies and professions
- Formerly a payroll tax/time and attendance specialist at Employer Advantage LLC, worked for Joplin R-8 school district, and worked as a payroll specialist at Missouri Southern State University
- Attended the International Tax Conference in Wisconsin and specialized in international tax for student visas
- Certified Payroll Professional certification
- Bachelor’s degree in general business and associate’s degree in accounting, Missouri Southern State University
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 417-782-3909, ext. 148
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.