Navigate causal challenges.
This involves preparation, as well as actual execution. In terms of preparation, you need to identify the criteria for a challenge for cause as defined by rule and case law in your jurisdiction. This is important to ensure that you are prepared for this process when it’s happening. This video goes through a hypothetical example of how to set up and execute a challenge for cause. The technique is to lead them down the path so when you get to the ultimate question about whether that juror can be impartial, that person “gets” the logic as well.
- Vice-president, ThemeVision, LLC, a national practice jury research and consulting firm affiliated with Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Selected juries and conducted jury research in civil and criminal cases pending in state and federal courts throughout the United States
- Ph.D., Northwestern University; M.L.S. degree, University of Nebraska; M.S. degree, Northwestern University; B.S. degree, summa cum laude, Wright State University
- Can be contacted at 317-261-7951 or [email protected]
Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Attorney with Barnes & Thornburg LLP; trial consultant with ThemeVision LLC, a national practice jury research and consulting firm affiliated with Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Participated in jury selection in civil and criminal cases
- Emmy award-winning journalist who helps clients communicate to juries effectively and persuasively
- J.D. degree, summa cum laude, William Mitchell College of Law; B.J. degree, Carleton University
- Can be contacted at 612-367-8712 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.