Franchises are the traditional method of using the right-of-way.
Franchises are historically a multi-purpose document that offers access to all rights-of-way in the city. They are also the method of the city regulating the services provided by the utility and regulating the access to the rights-of-way. Franchises are typically also a method for raising revenue by the city. This video discusses how franchises are ordinances, but are also contracts between utility companies and the city.
Ronald D. Stutes
Wilson, Robertson & Cornelius, P.C.
- Member in the office of Potter Minton, P.C.
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of municipal law, advice to other local governmental entities, and commercial litigation
- Spoken on numerous topics related to municipal law
- Member State Bar of Texas, Smith County Bar Foundation, Texas City Attorneys Association
- J.D. degree, University of Texas at Austin School of Law; B.A. degree, economics & legal studies, Rice University; M.Pub.Aff. degree, Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs, University of Texas, Austin
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 903-597-8311
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.