Learn how onboarding builds expectations for workers and for leaders.
Onboarding is the ongoing process of helping workers socialize in the corporate culture. It does not just include company tours or superficial introductions to co-workers but also includes exposure to stories, gossip, and rumors that shape the expectations of new hires that will, in turn, influence their impressions about the organization, their supervisors, their co-workers, their customers, and the work they do. This video reviews how performance reviews during onboarding helps manage expectations and discusses how peer mentoring shapes behavior and expectations.
William J. Rothwell, Ph.D., SPHR, SHRM-SCP, RODC, CPTD Fellow
Rothwell & Associates, Inc.
- Distinguished Professor, The Pennsylvania State University
- Specializes in organization development and change
- Taught HR topics at a major university for 32 years
- 20 years of full-time HR experience in multinational business and U.S. government
- Conducted consulting for over 50 multinational companies and countless other organizations
- Published 154 books on HR (look me up on Amazon)
- Member of The Society for HR Management, Association for Talent Development
- Ph.D., M.B.A., M.A., B.A.
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.