Gain knowledge on what determines unfair and deceptive credit practices.
15 U.S.C. § 45 and 12 U.S.C. §§ 5531 and 5536 are the federal statutory prohibitions relevant to unfair and deceptive credit practices and pursuant to 12 U.S.C. § 5531(b), the CFPB also has authority to issue regulations governing unfair, deceptive, or abusive acts or practices. This video reviews four parts to unfair and deceptive credit practices – the definition of unfairness, the definition of abuse, the definition of prohibited acts, and predatory practices, cognitive biases, and price discrimination:.
Mark D. Belongia
Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Partner in the Chicago office of Johnson & Bell, Ltd.
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of financial regulatory areas, such as consumer lending and banking
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on lending and debt collection
- Author of several publications related to the areas of lending to all types of consumers and proper methods of the collection of this debt
- Member of the Chicago, Illinois, and American Bar Associations
- J.D. degree, DePaul University College of Law; B.S.B.A. degree in accounting, Drake University
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 312-984-0271
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.