Understanding the declarations page is the first step in understanding your insurance policy.
The front page of your insurance policy is the declarations page. All of the key information of your policy will be found on the declarations page, including the issuing insurer, the policy number, policy period, the named insured, the limits of liability and any retention(s), and the summary of coverages. If any of this is missing, you need to go back to the company and make sure the policy is corrected and includes what is missing. This video reviews several types of corporate insurance policies and discusses the defense obligation.
Kevin B. Dreher
Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Partner in the Insurance Recovery Group in Barnes & Thornburg LLP’s Chicago and Michigan offices
- Practice focuses on commercial litigation with an emphasis on representing policyholders in complex litigation and insurance disputes
- Insurance coverage practice is nationwide and has involved litigation in jurisdictions throughout the United States
- Significant experience representing and counseling Fortune 500 companies in a variety of complex commercial litigation and insurance matters
- Handled disputes in negotiation and litigation with all major U.S. insurers, and London and Bermuda market insurers
- Can be contacted at 312-214-8308 or [email protected]
Bradley H. Dlatt
Perkins Coie LLP
- Counsel in the insurance recovery practice in Perkins Coie LLP’s Chicago office
- Practice focuses on providing insurance counseling to businesses and resolving insurance coverage disputes, including representing corporate, non-profit, and individual policyholders in coverage mediation, arbitration, and litigation
- Recognized by Business Insurance as a 2022 Break Out Award winner, recognizing the top professionals under 40 years old in the insurance industry
- Regularly writes and presents on insurance coverage issues
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 312-324-8499
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.