Understanding the declarations page is the first step in understanding your insurance policy.
The front page of your insurance policy is the declarations page. All of the key information of your policy will be found on the declarations page, including the issuing insurer, the policy number, policy period, the named insured, the limits of liability and any retention(s), and the summary of coverages. If any of this is missing, you need to go back to the company and make sure the policy is corrected and includes what is missing. This video reviews several types of corporate insurance policies and discusses the defense obligation.
Kevin B. Dreher
Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Partner in the Insurance Recovery Group in Barnes & Thornburg LLP’s Chicago and Michigan offices
- Practice focuses on commercial litigation with an emphasis on representing policyholders in complex litigation and insurance disputes
- Insurance coverage practice is nationwide and has involved litigation in jurisdictions throughout the United States
- Significant experience representing and counseling Fortune 500 companies in a variety of complex commercial litigation and insurance matters
- Handled disputes in negotiation and litigation with all major U.S. insurers, and London and Bermuda market insurers
- Can be contacted at 312-214-8308 or [email protected]
Bradley H. Dlatt
Perkins Coie LLP
- Associate in the insurance recovery practice in Perkins Coie LLP’s Chicago office
- Provides insurance-related counseling to corporate, nonprofit, and individual policyholders, including assisting with purchasing and renewing insurance policies, auditing policies, and advising on contractual risk transfer through additional insured and indemnity provisions
- Represents policyholders in insurance coverage disputes, including COVID-19 business interruption litigation and disputed claims under CGL, cyber, D&O, E&O, employment practices liability, fiduciary liability, fidelity bond, and commercial property coverage forms
- Recognized as an Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Star in Insurance Coverage annually since 2019
- Writes and presents regularly on insurance coverage issues and maximizing contractual risk transfer
- Graduate, magna cum laude and Order of the Coif, Washington University School of Law in St. Louis; B.A. and M.P.P. degrees, The George Washington University
- Can be contacted at 312-324-8499 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.