Learn the importance of the initial review.
You have an audit, you understand why the audit is happening, you understand the scope of the project, and you understand what the contract says. Now, it's time to define the work. A project cost audit starts like many other audits. You'll need to know internal accounting procedures, what they do, how they do it, and how they control it. Where are the invoice copies maintained? What IT systems are being maintained? This video reviews the different questions to ask and discusses the pre-audit review.
Dennis L. Allen, CPA, CFE, CCA
- Founder of FACX-Global
- Over 40 years of experience in project cost audits, dispute resolution of contract and cost related issues, and government contract disputes including both domestic and international million and billion dollar projects
- Conducts seminars and lectures on project cost audits, audit objectivity, project management, change order management, and construction contracts
- Certified Public Accountant, Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified Construction Auditor with memberships in the associated professional organizations
- B.A. degree in business administration, Texas Tech University
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 301-606-7998
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.