Make sure you stay compliant with the FCC.
When talking about telephone outreach, at the federal level there are two veins of compliance – the Telephone Consumer Protection Act and the Telemarketing Sales Rule. While there are several similarities between these two laws there are also some differences. This video reviews the differences and similarities of these two laws and discusses different types of consent.
Ellen T. Berge, Esq.
- Partner at Venable LLP’s Advertising and Marketing Practice Group
- Counsels large, nationally-branded companies, smaller entrepreneurs and not-for-profit organizations in all aspects of telemarketing law compliance, regulatory law enforcement and private litigation
- Frequent writer and speaker on regulatory developments, compliance requirements, law enforcement priorities and litigation matters related to telemarketing rules and regulations
- Member of the Brand Activation Association, Electronic Transactions Association, and Merchant Acquirers Committee (MAC)
- Clients include major brand advertisers and marketers in various retail industries, direct-to-consumer sellers, lead generators, fulfillment companies, payment processors, and others involved in the sales and marketing of products and services
- Recognized by Legal 500: Advertising and Marketing, 2019; Recipient of Corporate INTL magazine Global Award: Advertising Law – Attorney of the Year, Washington, DC, 2016
- J.D. degree, magna cum laude, Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law; B.A. degree, University of Virginia
- Can be contacted at 202-344-4704 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.