Meet the needs of the user while staying ADA compliant.
The Americans with Disabilities Act broadens the complications of right of way utilization by authorizing further requirements regarding pedestrian facilities. There are many facilities that are observed by the ADA including accessible routes, such as pathways, sidewalks, trails and bridges; ramps and curb ramps; medians; accessible pedestrian signals; and assembly areas. This video reviews these different types of facilities and the requirements imposed on them by the ADA.
Michael A. Wilmore, P.E.
Wilmore Engineering, LLC
- Project manager with the Baltimore City Department of Transportation for nearly ten years and over 25 years in private practice as a consulting engineer for various public and private clients primarily relating to roadways, parks, and development sites
- Practice focal areas are the assessments, design, review, administrative oversight, and construction of new and retrofitted trails, sidewalks, paths, intersections, and building entrances from rural to ultra-urban areas
- Frequent speaker and creator of original technical and project-specific content to professional associations, students, and the public covering design, permits, administration, and construction of transportation-related civil engineering
- Emphasis on human factors and context-appropriate engineering has led to many projects and personal awards, designation as a forensic expert witness, peer reviewer for the Transportation Research Board, and leadership roles with professional and community groups
- M.B.A. degree, University of Maryland; B.S. degree in engineering, University of Kentucky
- Can be contacted at 443-250-9227 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.