Does “public record” include electronic records? Yes, expressly.
States often have document retention laws that require you to keep records, and while they were originally written during the time of paper-filled file cabinet days, they now apply to electronic records. Watch this video for details on penalties for failure to produce records and for specifics on retaining text messages, social media posts, and metadata.
- Staff attorney in the New Orleans office of Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Has litigated numerous public records and government access cases on behalf of news media clients
- Representing a New Orleans television station, he obtained a ruling that required the city of New Orleans to produce the electronic calendar and emails of then Mayor C. Ray Nagin; prosecutors recently used entries in the calendar as evidence to convict Mr. Nagin on multiple charges of public bribery and corruption
- J.D. degree, cum laude, Tulane University Law School
- Can be contacted at 504-584-9365 or [email protected]
Mary Ellen Roy
- Partner in the New Orleans office of Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Represents book and magazine publishers, television networks, television stations, newspapers, Internet companies, entertainers, record companies, movie studios, and TV and film production companies throughout the Gulf South in copyright, trademark, and First Amendment litigation
- Listed in Super Lawyers and The Best Lawyers in America
- On behalf of a national hip hop duo, won a copyright infringement lawsuit brought by a local musician and obtained award of attorneys’ fees
- J.D. degree, cum laude, Harvard Law School
- Can be contacted at 504-584-9254 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.