There can be many types of damages – are you aware of them all?
There can be statutory limits on damages, or types of consequential damages that are precluded. There can be contractual limits on damages either by amount or term, etc. Sometimes you are precluded from asking for impact or inefficiency claims as well. Our speaker’s response to that is usually those types of claims are typically manifested as additional labor hours, and while labor hours are always claimable you need to be careful how you describe the damage as you may not be able to claim it if worded incorrectly.
Larry P. Lubka
Hunt Ortmann Palffy Nieves Darling & Mah, Inc.
- Senior Counsel at the law firm of Hunt Ortmann Palffy Nieves Darling & Mah, Inc. in Pasadena
- 35 plus years of experience in complex contracts, including commercial contracts, UCC agreements, state, local, and federal government contracts
- Has given several hundred seminars on construction law across the country
- Has been a Best Lawyer, Super Lawyer, and Top Lawyer for over a decade
- Co-wrote sections of California Construction Law, wrote scores of articles, including articles in the Constructor
- Publishes regular articles on the Lubka & White website
- Member of the California Bar and several Federal courts
- J.D. degree, with honors, George Washington University Law Center; B.A. degree, Columbia University
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or Hunt Ortmann Palffy Nieves Darling & Mah, Inc. 301 N. Lake Avenue, 7th Floor, Pasadena, CA 91101, or 626-440-5200
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.