Security measures should be designed to reduce risks and vulnerabilities.
The HIPAA Security Rule specifies safeguards that covered entities must implement to protect ePHI confidentiality, integrity, and availability. Specifically, covered entities must ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all ePHI they create, receive, maintain or transmit; identify and protect against reasonably anticipated threats to the security or integrity of the information; protect against reasonable anticipated impermissible uses or disclosures; and ensure compliance by their workforce. This video reviews what requirements covered entities must have regarding the handling of PHI including security policies and procedures.
Cynthia A. Haines
Post & Schell, P.C.
- Principal in the Harrisburg, Pennsylvania office of Post & Schell, P.C., member of the firm’s Health Care Practice Group, and co-chair of its Information Privacy & Security Practice Group
- Prior to joining Post & Schell, worked as the First Privacy Officer for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s Department of Human Services
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of health care and data privacy and security law, including counseling and representing institutional health care providers on state and federal health law and related regulatory and compliance issues and leading and advising on HIPAA assessments
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops and is the author of several publications on a wide variety of health care and data privacy issues, including HIPAA and confidentiality, HIPAA breaches and enforcement, and HIPAA-related risk management and compliance
- Admitted to practice in Pennsylvania
- Member of the American Health Lawyers Association, American Health Care Association, and the American Bar Association
- J.D. degree, Widener University; B.S. degree, Muhlenberg College
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 717-612-6051
Kate A. Kleba
Post & Schell, P.C.
- Principal in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania office of Post & Schell, P.C. and a member of the firm’s Employment & Employee Relations and Health Care Practice Groups
- Practice emphasizes all areas of employment law, including representing employers in employment-related litigation and administrative proceedings, counseling employers on compliance with employment-related laws, conducting investigations into alleged employee misconduct and drafting handbooks, polices and employment-related contracts
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops and is the author of several publications on a wide variety of employment-related issues, including harassment, discrimination, internal investigations and risk mitigation in on-boarding and off-boarding employees
- Named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star for employment and labor from 2010-2016
- Admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
- Member of the American Health Lawyers Association, the National Association of College and University Attorneys and the American Bar Association
- J.D. degree, University of Michigan; B.S. degree, with high honors, The Pennsylvania State University
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 215-587-1113
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.