Do you have your policies and procedures in place and uniformly enforced?
Because you are allowed to enforce your usual and customary policies procedures, and because courts will look at your policies and procedures if you end up in litigation, it’s important to have those things tightened up, uniformly enforced and comprehensive. And, it’s cheap insurance. It doesn’t cost a lot of money to have a properly drafted and enforced employee or management handbook that addresses specific issues. As long as you are enforcing these policies and procedures uniformly across the board, courts are, for the most part going to defer to those policies and procedures. If you can avoid a dispute about FMLA abuse by relying on your policies and procedures that you have taken the time to draft and enforce, you can avoid a lot of headaches dealing with employees who think they have been retaliated or interfered with in terms of their FMLA leave.
Timothy M. Medcoff
Farhang & Medcoff, PLLC
- Partner at Farhang & Medcoff, PLLC
- Defends clients in the areas of product liability, insurance claims, and medical, labor/employment and commercial litigation
- Has comprehensive trial and litigation experience from investigating claims to defending pharmaceutical and medical device companies and tire, crane and heavy equipment manufacturers in liability and wrongful death matters; also worked with numerous insurers and national rental car companies in personal injury and wrongful death litigation
- J.D. degree, cum laude, University of Arizona; graduate, University of Dundee, Scotland; B.A. degree, cum laude, University of California, Los Angeles
Adam T. Peterson
Farhang & Medcoff, PLLC
- Attorney in the Employment and Commercial Litigation Group of Farhang & Medcoff, PLLC in Tucson, Arizona
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of labor, employment and commercial matters
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on OFCCP and FMLA compliance
- J.D. degree, Marquette University; B.A. degree, the University of Arizona
- Can be contacted at 520-790-5433 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.