Strengthen your agreements by ensuring that the correct individuals are 1099 individuals.
Make certain your company considers the benefits, burdens, and other aspects of the differences between an employment relationship and an independent contractor relationship. This video reviews tips on how to maintain the relationship with independent contractors and how to use as many of the factors noted in the common law and other tests as makes sense to affirmatively create a relationship that strongly reflects independent contractor status.
Julie A. Proscia, Esq.
- Equity Member, Amundsen Davis LLC
- Represents many public sector/municipal employers in traditional labor and employment issues including municipalities in labor disputes, negotiations, grievances, ULP defense, and arbitration
- Practice represents public and private sector employers in federal, state, and administrative venues including a trial practice in federal and state court, as well as at the Illinois Human Rights Commission, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, National Labor Relations Board, and Department of Labor
- Assists a substantial number of not-for-profits with traditional employment issues, as well as the issues that arise before 501(c)(3) and 501 (c)(6) organizations
- Provides training in board policies, procedures, development, and counseling a defense
- Conducts seminars on numerous topics
- Author of several publications for the Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Illinois Municipal League Review, USLAW Magazine, and Muller & Co. Newsletter
- Member of the Illinois State Bar Association, National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO), Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) (past instructor), Northern Illinois University PHR-SHRM Certification (past instructor), Dupage SHRM
- J.D. degree, Northern Illinois University College of Law; M.A. degree, Eastern Illinois University; B.A. degree in European history, Eastern Illinois University
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 630-587-7911
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.