Remind them it takes two to solve it!
Listening builds trust. It’s not a docile activity or passive partnership with someone you are speaking with. Listening is a very powerful skill that engenders trust and creates a bond with the speaker. Listen completely and express empathy. When you summarize what a customer has shared with you, don’t omit the emotional part of it. Acknowledge their emotional tumult or discord. Your customer will know that you really heard them.
Expressions of Excellence! (TM)
- Founder of Expressions of Excellence!™, a full-service training firm helping sales and service professionals engage and express, sell, and excel in the marketplace
- Coaches organizations to tell their and their client's success stories, design and deliver great customer experiences, and communicate for success
- Author of Stellar Service: Merge NOW with WOW to Win Customers for Life! (www.mergenowwithwow.com)
- Author of the Good, Better … BEST! series of books on communication and leadership, a pocketbook on leadership, three tips booklets, a CD, and hundreds of published articles on sales and service, communication, leadership, excellence, and more
- Founding president, dean emeritus of the Speakers Academy of National Speakers Association — Northern California chapter
- Instructor, University of California Santa Cruz, Silicon Valley Campus since 2001
- Interviewed John Wooden, Chesley “Sully” Sullenberger and Harvey Mackay, and has been interviewed by 60 Minutes, BBC Radio, and Financial Times of London
- Clients include Pfizer, McKesson, Plantronics, ATT, headsets.com, U.S. Army, nolo.com, Hilton Hotels, dozens of national and regional associations including NSA, MPI, CalSAE, HSMAE, CIBC, HDI, PMI, NAPO, NACE, and SGMP
- Senior consultant, www.TheConsultingTeam.com, facilitating positive change
- Can be reached at 510-547-0664, Craig@ExpressionsOfExcellence.com, or www.ExpressionsOfExcellence.com
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.