Recognize that we are 98% emotional and 2% rational.
The simple truth is that we can’t be logical or rational unless we are emotional first. Emotions make us pay attention to our environment and cause us to think about what is going on around us. If we didn’t have emotions we couldn’t do that. The emotional center of the brain, just in terms of pure mass, is substantially larger than the part of the brain from which rationality arises. Society thinks just in reverse that people are only 2% emotional so when people get emotional they are often dismissed. Watch this video for details on how to raise emotional intelligence and learn how to resolve conflicts.
Douglas E. Noll, J.D., M.A.
- Trial lawyer for 22 years before turning to peacemaking and mediation
- Adjunct professor at the Straus Institute of Dispute Resolution, Caruso School of Law, Pepperdine University
- Author of four books
- Honored as California Lawyer Magazine Lawyer of the Year
- Purpose Prize fellow since 2014 and has received many other professional awards and recognition
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.