The Z-Score can help companies be proactive against bankruptcy.
The Z-Score is a predictor of bankruptcy. The worst thing that could happen to a company is that they file bankruptcy and go out of business. The two general rules of thumb in financial analysis comparisons are self to self and self to industry. Self to self are the numbers themselves relative to the company. Industry comparisons include RMA, Moody’s, S&P, D&B and local trade groups. Using the five step financial statement model review a sample spreadsheet. Financial software can create the spreadsheets but it is up to you to interpret them. The software can also provide the Z-Score for your company and the sooner you see where your characteristics are changing the sooner you can turn the tide away from bankruptcy.
David L. Osburn, MBA, CCRA is the founder and managing member of Osburn & Associates, LLC. His practice emphasizes business training and contract CFO work. Mr. Osburn conducts regular seminars, webinars, and keynote speeches covering banking, financing, credit, negotiation skills, marketing, management, and customized topics.
David L. Osburn, M.B.A., CCRA
Osburn & Associates, LLC
- Founder of Osburn & Associates, LLC
- Contract CFO clients include medical practitioners, financial institutions, law firms, CPA firms, architects, real estate developers, and contractors
- Extensive professional background of over 30 years encompasses 21 years as a business trainer/contract CFO and 16 years as a bank commercial lender including the position of vice president/senior banking officer
- Banking credentials include loan underwriting, loan work-out, management, and business development
- Has been an adjunct college professor for over 30 years including the College of Southern Nevada
- Holds the professional designation of Certified Credit & Risk Analyst (CCRA) as granted by the National Association of Credit Management (NACM)
- M.B.A. degree, Utah State University; B.S. degree in finance, Brigham Young University; graduate of the ABA National Commercial Lending School, University of Oklahoma
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.