Identify what's missing between speaking and writing.
Non-verbal cues are missing in written communication. Or otherwise put, your reader cannot “read” your unspoken messages. So, what is the problem with these missing non-verbal cues? Most of us don’t write well enough to capture all of the subtlety we convey when we speak face?to?face, and people tend to read messages more negatively than intended due to negativity bias that exists. This video reviews considerations for better communication and the importance of switching to verbal communication at the first sign of negative interpretation from a written correspondence.
The Kevin Eikenberry Group
- Master trainer and coach with The Kevin Eikenberry Group, a learning and development organization located in Indianapolis, Indiana that specializes in leadership, communication, team dynamics, and conflict resolution skills
- Coaches, consults, and conducts regular seminars and workshops on leadership development, communication skills, team dynamics, and workplace conflict resolution
- Wrote, From Bud to Boss: Secrets to a Successful Transition to Remarkable Leadership and The Recovering Engineer Blog; hosts the Talk Like a Leader podcast
- M.S. and B.S. degrees in chemical engineering; qualified engineering officer (nuclear) United States Navy; master trainer in the DISC Model of Human Behavior; and workplace conflict resolution expert
- Can be contacted at 317-387-1424 x13, [email protected] or on Twitter® @recovengineer
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.