Voir dire should not be the time to try your case.
The only want to get at the information you need to understand what’s under the surface and what motivates your potential jurors is to understand the goals of voir dire. There are multiple goals of voir dire but the basics start with reducing risk, building rapport and introducing themes. You don’t want to run the risk of having jurors that won’t listen to you. You want to have jurors that you can build a relationship with and be comfortable with you. This is your first opportunity to tell your client’s story so you need to ask your questions a certain way and start educating your potential jurors.
- Vice-president, ThemeVision, LLC, a national practice jury research and consulting firm affiliated with Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Selected juries and conducted jury research in civil and criminal cases pending in state and federal courts throughout the United States
- Ph.D., Northwestern University; M.L.S. degree, University of Nebraska; M.S. degree, Northwestern University; B.S. degree, summa cum laude, Wright State University
- Can be contacted at 317-261-7951 or [email protected]
Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Attorney with Barnes & Thornburg LLP; trial consultant with ThemeVision LLC, a national practice jury research and consulting firm affiliated with Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Participated in jury selection in civil and criminal cases
- Emmy award-winning journalist who helps clients communicate to juries effectively and persuasively
- J.D. degree, summa cum laude, William Mitchell College of Law; B.J. degree, Carleton University
- Can be contacted at 612-367-8712 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.