Learn why advertisements concerning consumer leases must also comply with certain disclosure requirements.
The Consumer Leasing Act was passed in 1976 in response to what was then a growing trend toward leasing automobiles for consumer use as an alternative to installment credit sales. The Act was meant to assure that meaningful and accurate disclosure of lease terms is provided to consumers before entering into a contract. The Act also imposes limitations on the size of penalties for delinquency or default and on the size of residual liabilities and requires certain disclosures in lease advertising. This video reviews the Consumer Leasing Act’s general disclosure requirements and discusses how to ensure compliance with the CLA’s advertising disclosure requirements.
Mark D. Belongia
Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Partner in the Chicago office of Johnson & Bell, Ltd.
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of financial regulatory areas, such as consumer lending and banking
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on lending and debt collection
- Author of several publications related to the areas of lending to all types of consumers and proper methods of the collection of this debt
- Member of the Chicago, Illinois, and American Bar Associations
- J.D. degree, DePaul University College of Law; B.S.B.A. degree in accounting, Drake University
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 312-984-0271
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.