You’re about to meet the people who may be sitting on the jury; but remember, you are deselecting, not selecting.
Listen and learn more about the jurors. Voir dire is a conversation, not a cross examination. You should be asking open‐ended questions, as well as asking diagnostic questions. And most importantly you should be listening. You can’t do that if you are thinking about your next question. Voir dire is an opportunity to educate and to learn. You cannot learn and make good decisions about who to deselect if you are talking more than the potential juror. It’s a balancing act.
- Vice-president, ThemeVision, LLC, a national practice jury research and consulting firm affiliated with Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Selected juries and conducted jury research in civil and criminal cases pending in state and federal courts throughout the United States
- Ph.D., Northwestern University; M.L.S. degree, University of Nebraska; M.S. degree, Northwestern University; B.S. degree, summa cum laude, Wright State University
- Can be contacted at 317-261-7951 or [email protected]
Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Attorney with Barnes & Thornburg LLP; trial consultant with ThemeVision LLC, a national practice jury research and consulting firm affiliated with Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Participated in jury selection in civil and criminal cases
- Emmy award-winning journalist who helps clients communicate to juries effectively and persuasively
- J.D. degree, summa cum laude, William Mitchell College of Law; B.J. degree, Carleton University
- Can be contacted at 612-367-8712 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.