What Ethical Guidelines Exist to Ensure Fairness to Opposing Party and Counsel?
Rule 2 addresses the attorney as an advisor or counselor and specifically Rule 2.1 imposes an ethical duty on an attorney to exercise independent professional judgment and candid advice. This means the attorney needs to tell their client the good, the bad and the ugly. While no attorney likes to tell their clients bad news, it is their duty to. If they don’t they are building up to a larger problem down the line.
Michael D. Ganz
Tunstead & Schechter
- Partner at Tunstead & Schechter, Jericho, New York
- Practice consists of general construction litigation and transactional matters, representing contractors, subcontractors, owners, architects, engineers and sureties
- American Arbitration Association – Construction Panelist
- Past chairman of New York County Lawyer’s Association – Construction Law Committee
- Legal counsel to Regional Electrical Contractors Association
- Lecturer on construction law issues to attorneys, design professionals and contractors
- Former project engineer for both public and private construction projects with a degree in mechanical engineering representing both owners and contractors
- J.D. degree, Brooklyn Law School; B.S. degree, mechanical engineering, SUNY at Buffalo
- Can be contacted at (516) 822-4400 or [email protected]
Jason L. Rothman
Forchelli, Curto, Deegan, Schwartz, Mineo & Terrana, LLP
- Partner at Forchelli, Curto, Deegan, Schwartz, Mineo & Terrana, LLP, Uniondale, New York
- Practice concentrated in representing owners, contractors, subcontractors, construction managers, design professionals and suppliers in all manner of disputes, litigation and transactional matters
- Regular lecturer on construction law issues and topics
- J.D. degree, cum laude, St. John’s University School of Law
- Can be contacted at (516) 248-1700 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.