Review terms and key contract provisions.
AIA documents are consistent with typical substantial and final completion and closeout models as the AIA documents are generally used in most construction projects. This video reviews the definitions that the AIA documents give substantial completion and final completion, discusses key contract provisions, and identifies when the warranty period starts.
Robert G. Campbell
Cox, Castle & Nicholson LLP
- Partner in the California law firm of Cox, Castle & Nicholson LLP
- Has practiced construction law for 39 years
- Clients are project owners, EPC and other prime contractors, design professionals, construction managers, construction lenders, subcontractors, and other project participants in disputes ranging broadly in size and sophistication on both public and private works
- Among the claims categories he resolves are scope of work disputes, design professional liability, delay, acceleration, disruption, productivity, lien and bond enforcement, disputed change orders, defective work, terminations, differing site conditions, licensing, and bid protests
- Recognized as a leading construction lawyer: Who’s Who Legal: Construction, 2017-2021; Southern California Super Lawyers, 2012-2021; and recommended attorney, real estate - construction, Legal 500 USA, 2017-2021
- J.D. degree, USC; B.A. degree, UCLA
- Can be contacted at 310-284-2259 or [email protected]
- President of Primus Consultants and an experienced claim analyst and expert witness in the construction field
- His industry experience includes heavy civil works construction projects, commercial projects and residential; this extensive hands-on field experience provides the foundation of his ability as a claim analyst and expert witness
- Has testified more than 60 times as an expert witness on a variety of project types, including transportation, mass excavation, commercial structures, infrastructure and residential buildings
- Participated in numerous negotiation sessions between owners and contractors, as well as between contractors and subcontractors
- As a testimonial expert, he has developed exceptional presentation skills that allow for concise and clear delivery of opinions and findings in all venue types
- B.S. degree in civil engineering, U.C. Irvine
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.