Consider when and under what circumstances termination, cancellation, or modification of the contract is appropriate.
There are many different situations to consider when determining what fees or costs should be tied to termination. The language should be narrowly drafted, plain and unambiguous. Appropriate dispute resolution provisions can save all parties time and money. Standard dispute resolution clauses may not be sufficient to address all concerns. Considering a multi-level approach is the way to go. You could opt for informal negotiations between the parties, via correspondence with specified requirements and time limitations; or mediation through agreed mediation and how costs will be handled may be another option to consider.
Marlo Orlin Leach
Leach & Lowe LLC
- Managing member of Leach & Lowe LLC
- Focuses legal practice on tort, commercial, and environmental litigation
- Defends premises and product liability actions involving property damage and personal injury; including claims based on toxic torts, indoor air quality, and the manufacture and use of tools, machinery and chemicals
- Has spoken at national seminars on terms and conditions in purchase agreements and on warranties under Article 2 of the UCC
- Experienced in a variety of complex cases including business disputes, real estate and partnership disputes, RICO and fraud claims, breach of fiduciary duty claims, breach of warranty claims and complex contract matters
- Member of numerous professional and civic organizations
- J.D. degree, magna cum laude, Georgia State University College of Law; B.A. degree, Emory University
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.