CRTs can offer substantial income tax and estate tax advantages.
There are several advantages to using a charitable remainder trust. If you have an asset that is already highly appreciated, or anticipate will highly appreciate in the future, this is a way to keep those assets and appreciation out of the grantor’s estate, and yet the grantor gets to keep a string on the value of the assets through an annual payout. It’s one of the few areas where the grantor can get the assets out of their estate and yet retain income off of those assets for the rest of their life. From the charitable deduction for income tax purposes to deferral of capital gains, this video reviews the different advantages that a charitable remainder trust can offer.
William R. Hayes
Hayes & Wilson, PLLC
- Managing partner at Hayes & Wilson, PLLC in Houston, Texas
- Specializes in estate planning, probate, guardianship, elder law, and charitable giving
- Frequent speaker on estate planning and disability planning
- Board certified in estate planning and probate by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- President’s Award, Houston Bar Association
- Life Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- J.D. and B.B.A. degrees, Southern Methodist University
- Can be contacted at 713-880-3939 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.