Learn why being prepared is vital to a good deposition.
Taking time for preparation before a deposition is important and worth the time invested. From creating an outline to reference during the deposition that will help you the main questions but won't make you sound like a robot reading off a list, to having your documents and exhibits numbered and in order so you are not fumbling through them during the deposition, these steps taken in advance will be incredibly helpful while you are taking or defending a deposition. This video reviews effective questioning and discusses the importance of keeping a clean record - if you didn't put it on the record then it didn't happen.
Law Office of J.D. Smith PLLC
- Veteran personal injury attorney at Law Office of J.D. Smith, PLLC
- Prior claims adjuster, underwriter and defense attorney
- 60 civil jury trials to verdict; more than 100 arbitrations and more than 1,000 depositions
- Former member of the American Bar Association (ABA) House of Delegates; former president of the Washington State Bar Association Young Lawyers Division; advocate member, American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Professionalism Award, Washington State Association of Justice (WSAJ)
- Instructor for the National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA)
- J.D. degree, Texas A&M School of Law, undergraduate degree, Texas Wesleyan University
- Can be contacted at 206-588-8530 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.